Aerial Hoop Instructor
Wanting to try something new in January 2013, Mel found Emily’s Pole Fitness by chance and immediately felt so welcome, and was struck by the way everyone encouraged and supported each other. Emily inspired Mel with her beauty, grace and strength on the pole. She remembers thinking, ‘I need to be able to do that!’ Mel says that nothing came easy to her at the start; she spent weeks at open training, learning to climb the pole, then side climb and so on, mastering what she had been taught in lessons, and the sense of achievement was always euphoric.
In September 2014, she tried her first hoop lesson at Emily’s, and thought it was incredible. She loves being in the hoop – it feels like home and she adores how strong it makes her in mind, body and soul. The best part of hoop for Mel is learning new tricks, choreographing routines, supporting other people to achieve moves, and generally being a bit of a hooligan.
Mel is a mother of two absolutely gorgeous boys, who she thoroughly enjoys spending time with. She is a qualified Holistic Dog Behaviorist with a Level 4 Diploma. Mel adores dogs, especially German Shepherds, and has always loved to dance since before she could walk. Amongst her favourite dance styles are Disco, Street, Ceroc, Zumba, Salsa and much more, and she thoroughly enjoys incorporating these into her pole and hoop routines.
Below is a list of some of Mel’s experience and qualifications:
- Started pole dancing in 2012
- Started aerial hoop in 2013
- Started teaching aerial hoop in 2016
- Dancing since she could walk
- Qualified Beginner Aerial Hoop Instructor
- Qualified Children’s Aerial Arts Instructor
- Certificate in Flexibility in Pole and Aerial Arts
- Been Ceroc dancing for over 10 years
- Also has experience in Street Dance, Disco, Salsa & much more!
- First Aider
- Up to date Enhanced DBS Check
- Fully insured
Mel in Action
Check out the videos below from some of Mel’s previous performances and shows.